Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Photoshop Pop Art Project


Photoshop Pop Art Project


When I started creating this project I really had no idea where to start. I spent about 5 minute just starting blankly at the screen until I looked up additional examples of pop art and decided to start with adding shapes to my photo. I picked the rectangle tool and added different color rectangles around my project. I made smaller to large rectangles at the bottom to make it look at least a little organized. 
     For the color scheme, I decided to just go with kind of a rainbow scheme. The different color rectangles take center stage in the final photo so I feel that rainbow would be a good describing word. Besides that I had a yellow and tie-dye-ish glow that was pretty prominent in my photo as well. Overall, for most of my project I did not really plan anything out. I just kind of tried different things out until I found a style I thought went well. 
     At first I didn't really look at any artists for inspiration. I was already a bit of the ways into the project when I tie-dye-ishdecided to go back and re-look at the presentation. I realized James Rosenquist was an artist who I really enjoyed and so I tried to somewhat use his work to inspire the style in mine. I liked the randomness and creativity in his work and I just liked his a lot more than the other artists.
     Some of the different tools I used in my project were filters, masks, shapes, pen tool, adjustment layers, and clone stamp. I used the mask in order to get that rainbow background and the pen to create a thick border around my subject which I ended up blurring in order to blend in with the rainbow. I used shapes obviously to create that pop art effect and clone stamp in order to try and get rid of a lot of unnecessary background footage that was in my photo before. I also used filters and adjustment layers to change the overall look and feel of the photo. I feel like I did a pretty good job on this project and I think this was a good project to practice my photoshop skills for future projects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment