Friday, September 14, 2018

Photoshop Challenge #1

    
Photoshop Challenge #1 


For this photoshop challenge we had to edit a photo we were given of a man. We could do anything we wanted to edit him and create something original. Originally I had the idea to make the man fire themed, but after trying out some image and editing him a bit I realized that probably was not the best idea. It just looked weird and I knew I could do something that looked a lot better. Afterwards, I brainstormed ideas for a new theme I could use to edit my photo. One theme that came to mind was clouds or a sky. I went searching for some images and came out successful. 

     After I found my images I created masks with the quick selection tool over the areas where I wanted to replace my images with. I replaced the suit with two different images. For the outer part I chose a nice sky and clouds photo and for the inner shirt portion I chose a rainbow pattern to kind of go along with the theme of clouds and sky. I did not incorporate many blending mode changes because there were not many I liked for any of my images so I kept in on normal. I did however lower the opacity for the suit so I was still able to see a bit of texture to blend in with the image of the sky and clouds I had chosen. I also chose clouds for the hair and a sunset image for the background. 

     Overall, I really enjoyed this project. It was fun and a great way to incorporate the skills I learned from the tutorials and maybe learn some new ones too. I did not know what it was going to turn out as in the end and to be honest I think I did pretty good considering how well I know Photoshop. I went in to the project thinking I would do absolutely terrible and it was not as stressful as I thought it would be. I like my final image and think it was a good experience to prepare for future graphic design projects.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment