Saturday, January 4, 2020

Semester 1


Semester 1 Reflection

     This semester is graphic design has been really amazing. I have learned a lot and achieved way more than I thought I could. I'm actually really happy about my projects and how most of them turned out. In regards to technology, I believe my skill in illustrator has improved so much since last year and now I can actually make work that I am proud of and I have actually imagined possibly going into a graphic design field because of the amount I have grown and learned this year about the software, industry, and about design in general. This semester has really taught me much in the way of collaboration and communication. Learning to be able to ask for help and communicate my problems to my teacher and peers has really been important to my success this semester. Asking for feedback, help, and critiques from my talented peers has been essential in creating the work that I made. I also enjoyed being able to do the same for others as well. I learned to manage my time, not perfectly, but way better than I did last year. The imperfection can be shown in my lack of completion so far in my final patterns but overall I have been way more successful in my assignments than sophomore year. I think this might come from my overall gained interest in the assignments but also just personal motivation to want to do better and keep my grades and be able to continue in this program. 

     This semester I feel like my greatest strengths have lied in the area of drawing, creativity, and designing my projects. This has more or less always been the case but sometimes I have struggled with being able to bring my ideas to life in the software. I have grown tremendously in the illustrator software but I still have much to learn as this is still probably one of my setbacks and one of my weakest areas as of late. I feel like I need to also be a little more patient with my work and put in the required effort to make it how I want instead of having unrealistic expectations for how long or what it takes to bring about a really beautiful result. If there is something I would change I definitely think I would like to of put in more time near the end of the semester on my patterns because i was definitely capable of finishing them before the semester was done. I am really grateful for everything I have learned and am excited for what I will continue to learn going into the next semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment